Messaging metrics are the Java metrics enabled in the WSO2 Message Broker (MB) or the Broker Profile of WSO2 EI for the purpose of monitoring broker-specific statistics.
The metrics feature is enabled in the broker by default. See the topic on setting up WSO2 Carbon metrics for details on how metrics are enabled.
Follow the steps given below for instructions on using the Messaging Metrics dashboard.
- Log in to the management console of the broker and click Monitor -> Metrics -> Messaging Metrics.
- The View Metrics page will open. At the top of this page, you will find the following panel:
- First, select the Source from the drop-down list. In a clustered setup, you must specify the broker node that you want to monitor.
- You can specify the time interval for which the statistics displayed are valid. By default, you will see statistics from the last 5 minutes.
- In the Views section, you will find buttons corresponding to the different types of metrics that you want to view. You can click the relevant button to view the statistics. Given below are the statistics corresponding to each button:
Total Messages in Inbound Disruptor
The Disruptor is a new open-source concurrency framework, designed as a high-performance mechanism for inter-thread messaging. The current number of messages in the inbound disruptor can be viewed here.
Total Acks in Inbound Disruptor
The current number of acknowledgments in the inbound disruptor.
Total Messages in Outbound Disruptor
The current number of messages in the outbound disruptor.
- Publish & Subscribe
Total Queue Subscribers
This metric shows the total number of active queue subscribers for a particular broker node. This is an INFO level metric.
Total Topic Subscribers
The total number of active topic subscribers.
The total number of active channels.
- Messages & Acknowledgements
This metric provides the number of messages received per second by a particular broker node. This metric is calculated when a message reaches the server.
This metric provides the number of messages published per second. This metric is calculated when the server publishes a message to a subscriber.
Acknowledges Received /sec
This metric provides the number of acknowledgments received from publishers per second.
Acknowledges Sent /sec
This metric provides the number of acknowledgments sent to publishers per second.
Database write latency
The average time taken for database write calls.
Database read latency
The average time taken for database read calls.
Database Method latency
The average time taken by message store implementation methods.