This page gives generic setup instructions and prerequisites to run API Manager samples.
The API Manager binary distribution comes with a number of samples to demonstrate API Manager's basic functionality. These samples are located in $APIM_HOME/samples folder. Inside this directory, there are sub directories for each sample. Each sub directory contains the relevant configurations, scripts and instructions required to run the a sample. Each sample contains an
APIPopulator script, which drives the API Manager via a REST API.
- Java Development Kit/JRE version 1.6.* or 1.7.*
- Apache Ant 1.7.0 or later.
- An HTTP client tool such as cURL ( ).
- An active Internet connection.
For JDK and Ant setup instructions, go to Getting Started and look under the OS you use.
Setting up Samples
- Download and install the API Manager according to the instructions given in Getting Started.
- Before installing samples, there are various libraries to be configured. Run ant by typing "ant" from the $AM_HOME/bin directory in a command prompt (onWindows) or text Linux console (on Linux).
For example, on Windows:
- Start the API Manager by executing $AM_HOME/bin/wso2server.bat (on Windows) or $AM_HOME/bin/wso2server.sh (on Linux). More information can be found in section Running the API Manager. This will populate master data required for the server to start up.
Next, shut down the API Manager and run 'ant' inside $AM_HOME/samples/Data directory.
You will see an output similar to following:
It executes the UserPopulator.sql which creates two user accounts as
subscriber1, which can be used to log-in to the API Publisher and API Store respectively.
Start the API Manager again and log in to the API Publisher (http://localhost:9763/publisher) using username/password as provider1/provider1. Similarly, you should be able to log in to the API Store (https://localhost:9443/store) using username/password as subscriber1/subscriber1.