What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 1.5.0 is the successor of version 1.4.1. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Capability to renew application access tokens through the API Store. You can also set a token validity period through the UI. See Working with Access Tokens .
- Integrated with SAML 2.0 bearer assertion profile for obtaining OAuth access tokens for API Manager. See Exchanging SAML2 Bearer Tokens with OAuth 2.
- Support to maintain a sandbox API Gateway instances separate from the production environment. For configuration steps, see Maintaining Separate Production and Sandbox Gateways .
- Capability to restrict API access throttling tiers for some users. This way, you can better monetize your API usage. See .
- Support to write additional custom mediation for the messages in the API Gateway by extending the default mediation flow. See Adding a Mediation Extension .
- Support to add extra properties for each throttling tier level and show them in API Store with subscription process. See Adding New Throttling Tiers .
- JSONMate editor integrated with API Publisher for an enhanced user experience in modifying JSON content of swagger API definitions. See Adding Documentation Using Swagger .
- Capability to revoke access tokens using the revoke API, in case of a security violation. See Revoking access tokens.
- Support to encrypt access tokens in the database is added to identity.xml file.
- New API added to get a list of published APIs filtered by the subscribed Application.
- UI support to select either or both HTTP/HTTPS as the API's endpoints at the time an API created.
- Multi profile support for better resource utilization. See Running the Product on a Preferred Profile (Inherited from new and improved WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform).
- Fully automated patch application process. See WSO2 Patch Application Process (Inherited from new and improved WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform).
- Capability to configure secondary user stores, in addition to the default one. See Configuring Secondary User Stores (Inherited from new and improved WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform).
Compatible WSO2 product versions
The following products were tested for compatibility with WSO2 APIM 1.5.0:
- WSO2 ELB 2.1.0
- WSO2 BAM 2.3.0 and 2.4.0
- WSO2 CEP 3.0.0
WSO2 APIM 1.5.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 and is expected to be compatible with any other WSO2 product that is based on Carbon 4.2.0. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with APIM 1.5.0, see Installation Prerequisites.