What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 1.6.0 is the successor of version 1.5.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Ability to plug in extended workflows to the API Manager. See Workflow Extensions.
- Support for multiple backend endpoint types. See Endpoints.
- Support for response caching. See Caching.
- Improved community aspects to share your APIs in social networking sites such as Facebook, YouTube and in Web pages as HTML widgets. See Engaging with Community.
- Ability to encrypt passwords using secure vault, rather than storing them in plain text.
- Ability to use a different throttle display name to appear in API Publisher/Store UIs without changing the throttle ID policy. See Tier Display Name in Adding New Throttling Tiers.
- Multi-tenancy support. See Configuring Multiple Tenants.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
The following products were tested for compatibility with WSO2 APIM 1.6.0:
WSO2 APIM 1.6.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 and is expected to be compatible with any other WSO2 product that is based on Carbon 4.2.0. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with APIM 1.6.0, see Installation Prerequisites.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see .
For a list of known issues in this release, see