What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 1.7.0 is the successor of version 1.6.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Capability to engage workflows when registering applications. See Workflow: Application Registration.
- Capability to provide custom error handling logic via custom fault sequence selected from the API Publisher Web interface.
- Links added from the API Publisher UI to API Store and also from the API Store UI to the API Publisher, to quickly navigate between the two applications. These links are configurable. See Adding Links to Navigate Between the Store and Publisher.
- Capability to parametrize the URL when defining API resources, so that the API Manager can map the incoming requests to the defined resource templates based on the message content and request URI. See URL Pattern section in .
- Capability to add a customized theme to your API Store in a multi-tenanted APIM setup. See Customizing the API Store.
- Improved search capability, including full-text search, by embedding Apache Solr with API Store.
- Capability for users to view their API usage statistics, billing rates etc. from the API Store. See Viewing API Statistics.
- Capability to generate a destination-based usage tracking graph that shows the number of times an API accesses its destination addresses. See API Manager Statistics dashboard.
- Capability to specify a default version form all API versions. See Default API Versions.
- New API visibility level where only users of the same tenant domain can view and use APIs you publish. See API Visibility.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
The following products were tested for compatibility with WSO2 APIM 1.7.0:
WSO2 APIM 1.7.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 and is expected to be compatible with any other WSO2 product that is based on the same Carbon version. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with APIM 1.7.0, see Installation Prerequisites.
What has changed in this release
This release includes a feature/functionality that was deprecated (might be removed in a future release).
Deprecated features and functionalities
getAllPublishedAPIs API is deprecated from Store APIs in WSO2 API Manager 1.7.0. You can get the same functionality from
This section describes the specific deprecated features of WSO2 API Manager 1.7.0.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see WSO2 API Manager 1.7.0 - Fixed Issues.
For a list of known issues in this release, see