What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 1.8.0 is the successor of version 1.7.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Upgraded Swagger. You now have the facility to edit the Swagger definition of an API in the API design time.
- Improvements added to the ability to set up a reverse proxy server to pass server requests. See Adding a Reverse Proxy Server.
- Auto populated access token in the Swagger API console. See Invoke an API using Swagger.
- Performance improvements in the API Store by retrieving subscription details only for the selected application.
- Self sign-up option available for tenant stores. The super admin no longer has to manually add a tenant user to that store using the admin console.
- Ability to plug in a custom JWT generator with your own logic to generate claims. See Passing Enduser Attributes to the Backend Using JWT.
- Ability to enable self sign up support for tenant API Stores. See Enabling Self Sign-up.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
The following products were tested for compatibility with WSO2 APIM 1.8.0:
- WSO2 Governance Registry 4.6.0
- WSO2 Identity Server 5.0.0
- WSO2 Business Activity Monitor 2.5.0
WSO2 APIM 1.8.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 and is expected to be compatible with any other WSO2 product that is based on the same Carbon version. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with APIM 1.8.0, see Installation Prerequisites.
What has changed in this release
This release includes a feature/functionality that was deprecated (might be removed in a future release).
From API Manager 1.8.0 onwards, the integrated WSO2 REST client in the API Store is deprecated and will be removed from the next release onwards. We encourage you to use the API console to invoke the APIs.
This section describes the specific deprecated features of WSO2 API Manager 1.8.0. To view additional deprecated features, go to the previous version.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see
For a list of known issues, see