You can customize the API Store in the following ways:
Enabling or disable self signup
In a multi-tenanted API Manager setup, self signup to the API Store is disabled by default to all tenants except the super tenant. A tenant admin can enable it as follows:
- Log in to the management console (
https://<HostName>:9443/carbon) as admin (or tenant admin).
- Click the Configure -> Users and Roles menu.
In the User Management page that opens, click Roles.
- Add a role by the name subscriber (or any other name you prefer) and the following permissions:
- Manage > API > Subscribe
- Go to the Resources -> Browse menu.
/_system/governance/apimgt/applicationdata/sign-up-configresource in the registry browser UI.
Do the following changes in the signup configuration and save.
true.Note that you should have the subscriber role created at this point.
<AdminPassword>to the credentials of the super admin (admin/admin by default.) If you are in a multitenant setup and you are not the super admin, give the tenant admin's username and password here.
Open the API Store (
- Note the Sign-up link that appears in the top, right-hand corner of the window.
- To disable the self signup capability, navigate to
/_system/governance/apimgt/applicationdata/sign-up-config.xmlin the registry again and set the
<SelfSignUp><EnableSignup>element to false.
Tip: To engage your own signup process, see Adding a User Signup Workflow.
Changing the theme
Changing language settings
To change the language of the API Store, see Adding Internationalization and Localization.
Setting single login for all apps
Single sign-on (SSO) allows users who are logged in to one application to automatically log in to multiple other applications using the same credentials. They do not have to repeatedly authenticate themselves. To configure, see Configuring Single Sign-on with SAML2.
API providers add tags to APIs when designing them using the API Publisher. Tags allow API providers to categorise APIs that have similar attributes. Once a tagged API gets published to the API Store, its tags appear as clickable links to the API consumers, who can use them to quickly jump to a category of interest.
If you want to see the APIs grouped according to different topics in the API Store, do the following:
- Go to
<APIM_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/jaggeryapps/store/site/confdirectory, open the
site.jsonfile and set the
tagWiseModeattribute as true.
- Go to the API Publisher and add tags to APIs with the suffix "-group" to APIs (e.g., Workflow APIs-group, Integration APIs-group, Quote APIs-group.)
- Restart the server.
- Log in to the API Store and note the APIs listed under their groups. You can click on a group to check what the APIs are inside it.
Customizing the API group
If you want to change the descriptions and the thumbnail images that come by default, do the following:
- Log in to the Management Console and click the Resources -> Browse menu to open the registry.
- Create a collection named
tagsunder the registry location
- Give read permission to the
- Add each tag as collections under the tags collection (e.g., Workflow APIs-group, Integration APIs-group, Quote APIs-group.)
- Navigate to each tag collection and upload the following:
- description.txt with the description of the tag
- thumbnail.png for the thumbnail image
- Back in the API Store, note the changes you did in the registry.