What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 1.9.0 is the successor of version 1.8.0. It contains the following new features, enhancements and changes:
Upgraded the Swagger version to 2.0. See Edit an API Using the Swagger UI.
- Ability to expose the API Store, Publisher and Gateway on your own custom URLs.
- Ability to define the API version in the context so that the version appears in the API URL before the API's name. See Create and Publish an API.
- Ability to connect to third-party key management and authentication systems. See Configuring a Third-Party Key Manager.
- Changed the API visibility model when in single vs multi tenant modes. See API visibility and subscription.
- Demo API already created and published in the API Store to be used out of the box. See the APIM Quick Start Guide.
- Improved functionality when publishing an API to multiple Gateways. Instead of an API being published to all available Gateway environments, you can now select the Gateways that you want to publish to through the UI. See Publish through Multiple API Gateways.
- Ability to generate access tokens for APIs protected by scopes via the subscriptions page in the API Store. Also had ability to whitelist a scope. See OAuth scopes.
- Java docs provided with this version.
- Ability to configure statistics with WSO2 BAM at runtime using the Admin Dashboard Web application. The UI provides capability to configure the event receiver and analyser nodes and the statistics datasource. See Publishing API Runtime Statistics.
- Support for NTLM grant type. See Generating Access Tokens with NT LAN Manager (NTLM Grant Type).
- Multiple new Published APIs.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
These are the products that were tested for compatibility with WSO2 APIM 1.9.0:
- WSO2 Governance Registry 4.6.0
- WSO2 Identity Server 5.0.0 SP01
- WSO2 Business Activity Monitor 2.5.0
WSO2 APIM 1.9.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 and is expected to be compatible with any other WSO2 product that is based on the same Carbon version. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with APIM 1.9.0, see Installation Prerequisites.
What has changed in this release
This release includes the following features/functionalities that were deprecated (might be removed in a future release) and a feature/functionality that was removed.
Deprecated features and functionalities
- WSDL endpoints are deprecated in this version. For any existing APIs with WSDL endpoints, you can see the WSDL option activated in the edit mode.
- The error codes 900903 (Access token expired) and 900904 (Access token inactive) are deprecated. We now use the error code 900901 for Error Handling.
Removed features and functionalities
The integrated WSO2 REST client in the API Store, which was deprecated in API Manager 1.8.0, has been retired in API Manager 1.9.0. We now encourage users to use the Swagger Console to invoke your APIs.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see
For a list of known issues, see