What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 2.0.0 is the successor of version 1.10.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- A dynamic throttling engine providing different throttling policy levels, blacklisting and rate limiting options
- Ability to analyze API behaviour in real time using different alert types (e.g. abnormal response times, abnormal API/application usage patterns, detection of a change in the user location, etc)
- Ability to configure and analyze logs using the Log Analyzer
- A revamped, responsive look-and-feel to the API Publisher, API Store and Admin Portal
- Enhancements to the API Store (e.g. ability to notify subscribers of new API versions and proper OAuth scope management)
- General enhancements to the API Publisher
Note that the following enhancement, which was planned as part of this release, has been delayed:
Ability to generate client side SDKs for subscribed APIs in the API Store
What has changed in this release
This release includes a feature/functionality that was deprecated (might be removed in a future release) and a feature/functionality that was removed.
Deprecated features and functionalities
The token partitioning option that allowed saving access tokens in separate tables has been deprecated as it is redundant. Although it was introduced as a security measure, a compromise in the database would result in a compromise in all its tables.
Removed features and functionalities
API Store users were able to restrict the domain from which an application was accessed. This option has been removed as users were able to fake the domain and bypass the restriction. The same functionality can be activated using the capabilities in the new throttling engine.
This section describes the specific deprecated features of WSO2 API Manager 2.0.0. To view additional deprecated features, go to the previous version.
This section lists out the features that were updated or introduced newly to WSO2 API-M 2.0.0 via WUM updates.
|Updated or newly introduced feature||The date of the update|
|Whitelisting Hostnames for API Store||February 18, 2019|
Compatible WSO2 product versions
WSO2 APIM 2.0.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.4.7 and is expected to be compatible with any of the WSO2 products that are based on any Carbon 4.4.x version. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with APIM 2.0.0, see Installation Prerequisites. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
See a list of fixed issues and improvements for WSO2 API Manager 2.0.0.
For a list of known issues, see WSO2 API Manager 2.0.0 - Known Issues.