The System Logs page displays information about the log files of the current product. The log files can be retrieved in two ways:
- If syslog-ng is configured, log files are taken from the remote location where the log files are hosted using the syslog-ng server.
- If syslog-ng is not configured, log files are taken from the local file system (super-tenant or stand-alone apps).
This page contains the following sections:
For more information on logs, see Logging.
Viewing system logs
To view system logs, click System Logs on the Monitor tab in the Management Console. The log messages displayed on this page are obtained from a memory appender. Therefore, the severity (log level) of the displayed log messages are equal to or higher than the threshold of the memory appender.
- File Name - The name of the file containing logs pertaining to a certain period.
- Date - The date at which the log file was generated.
- File Size - The size of the file in bytes.
- Action - Allows to view and download files.
Now, you can download an individual log file, or view it in the Management Console. When viewing a log file, you can choose a category such as ERROR in the View list to filter the messages by that category. You can also enter a search term to find a specific log message, and you can use the Log Head field to specify how many log lines to display.
The location of the log files on disk is specified in the
Displaying log mediator logs
When you use the Log mediator inside sequences and proxy services in WSO2 API Manager, the log files are stored in the
<PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log file by default. To view these logs from the System Logs page, open the
<PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2/axis2.xml file and uncomment the following element:
<handler class="org.wso2.carbon.utils.logging.handler.TenantDomainSetter" name="TenantDomainSetter">
When you restart the server, the logs will be available on the System Logs page.