App Manager provides capability to associate comprehensive documentation to a web application, to get a better understanding of its use in implementing solutions.
You can add different types of documents to a web application. Proper documentation helps publishers to market their web apps better and sustain competition. Follow the steps below to add documentation to a web app using the Publisher web interface.
- Log in to Publisher web interface.
- Select the web app to which, you want to add documentation.
- Select the Documentation tab of the web app and click Add New Document to create the new document.
- Enter the following information to create a document for the web app:
- Name: Name of the document which is mandatory.
- Summary: A short description of the document which will appear in the App store.
- Type: There are several document types available as follows. If required, a new type can also be introduced.
- How To
- Samples and SDK
- Public forum / Support forum (you can only enter an external link.)
- Source: Whether the document is stored in-line or provided via a URL.
- In-line: Documentation is hosted in the App Manager itself. For inline documentation, you can edit the content directly from the publisher interface.
- URL: If you already have comprehensive documentation managed by an external configuration management system, you can simply link to those file references (URLs), through App Manager rather than importing them to the server.
- Click Add to complete adding the document.
- The added document is displayed on the same window. If source type of document is In-line, click Edit Content associated with it to change the content using the embedded editor.