Follow the instructions below to create a new Android application.
- Log in to the App Publisher using the following URL:
- Click Mobile Applications, and then click AddNew Mobile Application.
- Select Android for Platform on which the application (app) will be based on.
- Select the Store Type. The following are the available store types:
- Enterprise - This refers to all apps that have been created by the organization.
- Public - This refers to publicly available apps (e.g., free apps available online).
If you are creating an enterprise app, select the APK file as shown below and move to step 7.
The APK file size should not exceed 200MB.
If you are creating a public app in the Play Store, enter the exact package ID of the Play Store app as shown below.
The following tables provides a few examples of how to identify the package ID as the position of the package ID may vary in the URL.
URL Package ID Identifying the Package ID https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andropenoffice com.andropenoffice The package ID appears after "id=". https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viber.voip&hl=en com.viber.voip The package ID appears between "id=" and "&".
- Click Next as shown below. You get the following screen.
- Enter the following details of the app.
- Title - The name of the app.
- Description - A summarized description on the app.
- Recent Changes - Optional. A summarized description of what is new in this app when compared to its previous version.
- Version - Version of the public application. If you have previously entered a different version of this app, make sure to enter a unique version number.
- Click on the respective + buttons to upload the required images.
- Banner - Image that will appear as the app banner.
- Screenshots - Screenshots of the app so that the user can get an understanding on what the app offers. A maximum of four screenshots are allowed.
- Icon file - Image that will be used as the app icon in the Store. When App Manager installs a mobile app on a device, the default icon will be used instead of the uploaded icon.
The recommended image extension is
.pngwhile the recommended dimensions are as follows:
- Icons: 124px x 124px
- Screenshots: 288px x 512px (landscape) and 512px x 288px (portrait)
- Banners: 705px x 344px
- Click Create. The created app will appear in the created list of apps.
After creating the mobile app, authorized users can review, approve, and publish the mobile application. For more information, see Mobile Application Lifecycle Management.