Full XML and Web Services Support
- XML, HTTP/JSON using HTTP methods and status codes
- Namespaces, Xpath, XSLT, XQuery
- REST, JAX-RS
- Complete WS-* Support
- WSDL 1.1/WSDL 2.0
- MTOM, XOP, SwA optimizations for binary messages.
- Multi-transport service access via HTTP, HTTPS, JMS, and SMTP.
- Expose existing business objects as Web services (Eg:- POJOs, Spring Beans, Data Services, EJB)
- WSO2 Mashup server is now integrated into the Application Server, enabling users to host and manage enterprise mashups. (New in v 5.0.0)
|Apache CXF / JAX-WS and JAX-RS Support (New in v 5.0.0)|
- Integrates Apache CXF and CXF development experience with WSO2 Carbon enterprise security, management, and QoS.
- Implements Java REST service standards (JAX-RS) and Java Web Service standards (JAX-WS).
|Web Application Support|
- Run any standard WAR file or exploded WAR file offering applications and/or RESTful services.
- Complete administration console for WAR files.
- Datasource management for scalable data management.
- Apache Tribes based clustering for Web applications.
Integrated security management for applications.
Basic Auth integration to LDAP, Google Auth, OpenID and other external user stores.
Fine-grained authorization through integration with WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and WSO2 Identity Server.
OpenID relying party capabilities.
Single sign-on across applications through SAML2.
Integrates to enterprise identity management systems via LDAP or via WSO2 Identity Server.
|Complete Tomcat Compliance (New in v 5.0.0)|| |
|Scalable Applications and Service Development Support|
- Comprehensive APIs for application development with security, data management, metadata management and system performance.
- Distributed caching for large-scale application and service performance.
- Shared metadata registry & repository via embedded registry or WSO2 Governance Registry.
- JNDI provider for shared data source and other resources.
- Distributed sharing of caches and metadata across applications and services.
- Deployment synchronization of applications and services across multiple server instances.
- Optimum resource utilization through lazy loading. (New in v 5.0.0)
|Elastically Scalable, Cloud-Enabled, Multi-Tenant Application Server Platform|
- As a shared, multi-tenant, elastically-scaling platform to build and deploy SaaS applications.
- Implement multi-tenant Apache Tomcat applications using rich context APIs.
- Build self-service SaaS applications with integrated billing and metering capabilities.
- Deploy as "Application Server as a Service" for the enterprise.
|Lightweight, Developer-Friendly and Easy-to-Deploy|
- GUI, command-line and IDE-based tools for artifact generation, development and testing.
- Integrated to WSO2 Developer Studio, the Eclipse-based IDE.
- Real-life samples explained.
- User-friendly management console.
- Extremely simple security management
- Server customization via feature provisioning capability.
- Choice of deployment to on-premise servers, private or public cloud.
- Integrated with SVN, Maven, Ant and other standard tools.
|Monitoring and Statistics|
- Web console with enterprise-level security, including Role-Based Access Control.
- Scalable QoS management with distributed, fine-grained throttling and caching.
- Numerous access and performance statistic dashboards.
- JMX MBeans for all key metrics monitoring and management features.
- Integrates with WSO2 Business Activity Monitor for operational audit and KPI/SLA.
- Flexible logging support. Now includes enhanced filtering options to view logs of selected applications in addition to system logs. (New in v 5.0.0)
- Centralized configuration management across different environments, with life cycles and versioning through integration to WSO2 Governance Registry.
Powered by Apache Axis2, Apache Rampart and Apache Sandesha2, the Application Server has proven interoperability with major Web Services stacks including Microsoft .NET WCF.
Data Services Support
Data in either a database or file system is easily service-enabled. Business applications can be directly layered on top of the data using this approach. It may be against the organizational security policies to expose the complete database hosted within the organization. In such a scenario, only a required subset of information can be exposed to the outside world as Web services.
Visualization of Axis2 Message Flow Handler Chains
Useful when developing and troubleshooting of Web services.
Because of the modular, OSGi-based Carbon platform, any WSO2 Carbon-based product can be easily extended by installing additional Carbon components in a simple, point- and-click deployment.