You can deploy JAX-WS and JAX-RS services in a running Carbon instance by bundling them in a CXF application. Generally, the folder structure of a CXF application is as follows.
However, this can change depending on your service.
Follow the instructions below to deploy your CXF application.
1. Log on to the product's Management Console and select "JAX-WS/JAX-RS” under “Applications” -> “Add” in the left pane.
2. The "Upload JAX-WS/JAX-RS Applications" page appears. Select your .war file and click "Upload". For example,
You can click the plus ‘+’ sign button to upload multiple Webapps at the same time.
3. If the file is uploaded successfully, a message appears prompting you to refresh the page. Click OK.
If the deployment is not successful, the application will be listed in a Faulty JAX-WS/JAX-RS Application link. You can click the link to view the errors.
4. Refresh the "Running Applications" page in the product's Management Console to view the newly-added application listed.
The file name of the archive is always used as the application name.
Instead of using the management console, you can manually place your JAX-WS/JAX-RS .war files to <PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/jaxwebapps directory.
Follow the instructions below to test your CXF application.
1. Log on to the product's Management Console and select "List" under menu "Applications".
2. The "Running Applications" page appears. Click on the "Find Services" link associated with a given JAX-WS/JAX-RS application.
3. A list of SOAP and RESTful services deployed through your application will be opened in a separate browser window.
You can use the WSDL URLs of the services and try those services using the Try-It tool which can be found under Tools/Try-It menu.