The "WSDL2Java" tool is used to generate Java code to provide or consume a Web service for a given WSDL. You can use this tool to develop Web services for contract first development. The tool provides many options to customize your code. The functionality is provided by the following feature:
Name: WSO2 Carbon - WSDL Tools Feature
If the above feature is not included in your product by default, you can install it using the instructions given in section Feature Management.
Follow the instructions below to use the "WSDL2Java" tool.
1. Log on to the product's management console and select "Tools -> WSDL2Java."
2. The "WSDL2Java" page appears. Fill in the fields according to your requirement. A url or path to a WSDL file is mandatory to generate the corresponding Java code. For example,
Each option is described on the "WSDL2Java" user interface itself.
3. Browse and submit a WSDL file.
4. Click "Generate." The Java code will be saved in a location selected by you as a zip file.
Java code can also be generated for the WSDL file of a selected service, through its dashboard. Service dashboard is part of the service management functionality provided by the following feature:
Name: WSO2 Carbon - Service Management Feature
The above feature is bundled by default in all service-hosting WSO2 middleware products. If the product you are using doesn't have this feature installed, you can do so by following the instructions given in section Feature Management.
Follow the instructions below to invoke the WSDL2Java Tool.
1. Log on to the product's management console and select "List -> Web Services."
2. The "Deployed Services" page appears which lists out all the currently active services. Select a service and click on it to view its dashboard. For example,
3. The service's dashboard appears. In the "Client Operations" panel, you can see the link "Generate Client."
4. Click on the "Generate Client" link to open the "WSDL2Java" page. For more instructions, refer to the steps from Step2 above.