Jar service deployment capability in WSO2 is provided by the following feature:
Name: Jar Service Hosting Feature
Follow the instructions below to deploy a Jar service in a running Carbon instance.
1. Log on to the product's Management Console and select "Services -> Add -> Jar Service."
2. The "Add Jar Service" page appears. The "Artifact" and "Service Group Name" fields are mandatory. Others are optional.
Specifying a service hierarchy is optional. It allows you to customize your service endpoint reference. If the business logic of the same service changes over time, you can maintain multiple versions of the service by using service hierarchy at the deployment. For example, consider a service named "Version"
If the service hierarchy is not mentioned, then the service endpoint reference is ../services/Version. With service hierarchy specified, for example as 1.0.0, the endpoint reference is ../services/1.0.0/Version.
Specifying a hierarchy is important if you want to manage services separately.
3. Step1: Specify the service archive details and click "Next".
You can add more files by clicking the "Add more dependencies" link. The - sign removes the option to add more files.
4. If Step 1 is successful, you will be shown all the classes in the .jar file/files uploaded in Step 1.
You can specify the following properties in the selected classes
5. Step 2: Select one or more classes to be exposed as Web services and click "Next."
6. Step3: You will be shown the set of classes selected in Step 2 along with the operations in each of those classes. All methods are selected by default. Deselect the ones you do not wish to expose as Web Service operations and click "Finish."
7. If the file is uploaded successfully, a message appears prompting you to refresh the page. Click "OK."
8. Refresh the "Deployed Services" page in the product's Management Console to view the newly added service listed.