The WSO2 SOA platform has the capabilities of Axis2 to add modules to extend it. A module is an archive file that bundles a set of classes, related libraries and third party library dependencies. The module configuration functionality is provided by the Module Management feature which is by default bundled in the Service Management feature of the WSO2 feature repository. The module management feature provides a user-friendly interface to engage, disengage and configure modules in 4 levels as follows.
In all four levels, specific module engagement steps are the same from step 4 onwards in the service-level module engagement section described here.
To upload your module archive, all the class files and the module.xml descriptor file have to be available in the archive.
Follow the instructions bellow to engage modules to a service.
1. Log on to the product's management console and select "List" under "Services."
2. The "Deployed Services" screen appears. Click on the necessary service. For example,
3. The "Service Dashboard" page appears. Click "Modules" in the "Quality of Service Configuration" panel.
4. The "Engage Modules to Service" page appears. Choose a module to add. WSO2 Module Management feature provides the following modules, which you can engage to your service:
5. Click the "Engage" button to add a module to the list.