This sample demonstrates a basic REST-based Web Services using JAX-RS (JSR-311). The REST server provides the following services:
The client code demonstrates how to send HTTP GET/POST/PUT/DELETE requests whereas the server code demonstrates how to build a RESTful endpoint through JAX-RS (JSR-311) APIs.
This sample can be found at <CARBON_HOME>\samples\Jaxws-Jaxrs\jaxrs_basic.
1. Install and run the WSO2 Application Server. Refer to the Installing Features for instructions.
2. From the base directory of this sample ( < CARBON_HOME >\samples\Jaxws-Jaxrs\jaxrs_basic) , the maven pom.xml file can be used to build and run the sample using either UNIX or Windows.
3. To build the sample and create a WAR file, run mvn clean install command.
4. Start the Application Server (run bin/wso2server.sh in Linux, or bin\wso2server.bat in Windows).
1. Run "ant" on <AS_HOME>\samples\Jaxws-Jaxrs\jaxrs_basic directory to deploy the jaxrs_basic service on the server.
2. Start the application server and access its Management Console at https://localhost:9443/carbon.
3. Go to "Services -> List" menu to find the jaxrs_basic service listed on the "Deployed Services" window.
4. Execute "sh run-client.sh" or "run-client.bat" to run the client.
5. Try the sample with different QoS options which appear on its dashboard. Run "sh run-client.sh -help" for different options.