What is new in this release
Application Server 5.2.0 contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Support for J2EE-WP specification
- Java Server Faces (JSF)
- Java Persistence API (JPA)
Java Transaction API (JTA)
Web Application Statistics Monitoring with BAM - Publishing web application statistics from the Application Server to the Business Activity Monitor (BAM).
Carbon JNDI Resources - Improved JNDI support for Tomcat JNDI resources for web applications and Axis2 services.
Multi-profile Support - Ability to enable AS to run on multiple modes/profiles. (e.g., webapp profile, axis2 service profile).
- Versioning support for web applications including JAX-WS and JAX-RS.
- Hazelcast based distributed caching support.
- Hazelcast based clustering support.
- Atomic Carbon Application (CApp) deployment.
- Automated patch application process without having to explicitly set the
- Configuration files support for third party libraries.
- Version upgrade on the following frameworks:
CXF version upgraded to 2.7.6
Jettison version upgraded to 1.3.4
Tomcat version is 7.0.34
Feature Categorization - Logically related features have been categorized in the feature repository for ease of use. (Inherited from the WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform)
WSO2 Patch Application Process - Improved patches and service packs installation model. (Inherited from the WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform)
- Trusted identity provider management - Ability to register trusted identity providers per tenant.
- Configuring Secondary User Stores - In addition to the default user store, capability to configure secondary user stores. (Inherited from the WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform)
AS 5.2.0 is compatible with WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 products. This includes:
- Data Services Server 3.1.0
- Identity Server 4.5.0
- API Manager 1.5.0
- Governance Registry 4.6.0
- Elastic Load Balancer 2.1.0
- Business Activity Monitor 2.4.0
- Complex Event Processor 3.0.0
- Enterprise Store 1.0.0
- ESB 4.8.0 (coming soon)
For the list of fixed issues, go to WSO2 Application Server 5.2.0 - Fixed Issues.
For the list of known issues, go to WSO2 Application Server 5.2.0 - Known Issues.