To add a new custom data source to a running Carbon instance:
- Log into the product's Management Console.
- On the Main tab, click Create under Data Service.
The Create Data Services page appears.
- Enter the Data Services Name. This field is mandatory.
- Enter the service namespace and description if required.
Select the required advanced configurations.
For more information on advanced configurations, see Advanced Data Service Configurations.
- Click Next. The Data Sources page appears.
- Click Add New Data Source.
- Enter the Datasource ID
- Select Custom Data Source as the data source type.
Custom data source support helps interface data services with any data source type available.
- Select the option in which you wish to write the custom data source. For more information, see Custom Tabular Data Source and Custom Query Data Source.
- Enter the custom data source class name.
Click Add New Property to add a property.
Due to a known issue you need to first save the data source first, and thereafter edit the datasource to add a new property.
- Click Save.