Every application deployed in a running Carbon instance has its own Dashboard for management and monitoring.
Accessing an application dashboard
Follow the instructions below to access the dashboard of an application:
- Log on to the product's management console.
- On the Main menu, under Applications, click List.
The Running Applications page appears.
- Select an application and click on it to access its dashboard.
Application dashboard components
An application dashboard provides the following information:
The Application Details panel provides the following information:
- Context - The Web Application Context.
- Display Name - Name of the Web Application.
- File - The
.wararchive file of the application.
- State - Whether it is started or stopped.
- Last Modified - The date and time of the most recent modification of the application.
The following operations are available to be executed on a running application and its sessions.
- Expire sessions - If enter a value for session expiry in minutes and click Expire sessions, all sessions of the application that have been idle for the given number of minutes or more will be expired.
- Expire All Sessions - When you click this link, all existing sessions of the application will be expired.
- Reload - This option allows you to reload the application. For example, after doing some modification to the application's business logic, it can be reloaded to the Application Server.
- Stop - This option allows you to stop the application running.
If the web application is currently not running, then its Operations section has only the Start options.
The Enable BAM Statistics option is used to enable monitoring via the UI. For more information, see Web Application Statistics Monitoring with BAM.
The Session Statistics panel provides statistical information about the user sessions of the applications. It also provides a graphical view of the average system response time.
The statistics panel provides access and performance statistics on the running JAX-WS/JAX-RS/WebApps. For more information, see Web Application Statistics via Management Console.