First, we need to create a data source using the instructions given in section Datasources . Once a data source is created, follow the instructions below to create a data service using the created data source.
Make sure that the JDBC driver is copied to:
- <PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/components/lib directory
For example, cp mysql-connector-java-5.XX-bin.jar /home/user/wso2ds/wso2-dataservices-XX/repository/components/lib.
1. Log on to the product's management console and select "Data Service -> Create" under the "Main" menu.
2. The "Create Data Service" page appears. Fill in the fields and click "Next." The Data Service name is mandatory.
For more information on advanced configurations, refer to Advanced Data Service Configurations.
3. The "Data Sources" page appears. Click on the " Add New Data Source" link and add your Data Source details. Then click "Save."
For a Carbon data source, select the data source type as "Carbon Data Source" and then select the data source created earlier as the "Data Source Name". For example,
4. After saving, the added data source page appears with links to edit or delete the Data Source.
To proceed click "Next."
5. You can continue to add Queries, Operations and Resources. Once the Data Service configuration is done, click "Finish."
6. You will be navigated to the "Deployed Services" page .
From here, you can manage your data service. For instructions, refer to section Managing Data Services.