What is new in this release
The WSO2 Application Server version 5.3.0 (WSO2 AS 5.3.0) is the successor of version 5.2.1. It contains several new features and bug fixes. Given below is the list of new features enabled in WSO2 AS 5.3.0.
- Supporting Java EE 6 web profile, which enables the Java EE runtime environment. See this link for documentation.
- Supporting Java Web Sockets 1.0 API. See the following sample demonstration on how web sockets work in AS 5.3.0.
- Possibility to enable virtual hosts, which allows you to deploy applications in multiple domains. See this link for documentation.
- Possibility to manage sessions of web applications by enabling session persistence. See this link for documentation.
- Possibility to enable the Single Sign On functionality for applications. See this link for documentation.
- Integration with Apache Aries SPI Fly, which supports OSGi JRE SPI. See this link for documentation.
- Possibility to discover JAX-RS/JAX-WS applications (deployed in AS 5.3.0) using WSO2 Governance Registry. Note that this feature will be deprecated in future. See this link for documentation.
The data services feature is removed from WSO2 AS 5.3.0. Therefore, the following functionality is no longer available in WSO2 AS:
- Creating, uploading and generating data services.
- Scheduling tasks for data services.
WSO2 AS 5.3.0 is based WSO2 Carbon 4.4.1 and is expected to be compatible with any of the WSO2 products that are based on any Carbon 4.4.x version. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact the WSO2 team. For information on third-party software requirements with AS 5.3.0, see Installation Prerequisites. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
For the list of fixed issues, go to WSO2 Application Server 5.3.0 - Fixed Issues.
For the list of known issues, go to WSO2 Application Server 5.3.0 - Known Issues.