Jaggery is a framework to write Web applications and HTTP-focused Web services purely in Java Script, for all aspects of the application: front-end, server-side logic, communication and persistence. It is 100% open source and delivered under Apache license 2.0.
There is a myriad of different front-end and back-end technologies with multiple levels of data communication involved in Web development today. The biggest challenge in working with a pool of different technologies is preserving information integrity and consistency when it is passed through and converted from one technology to another. Jaggery successfully addresses most of these challenges.
Given below are some of the main features and capabilities of Jaggery.
- Jaggery is developed on top of the component-based WSO2 Carbon platform, which is the award-winning enterprise run-time for application and Web service hosting. It consists of just the right set of components required for efficient functioning. As a result, Jaggery is lean and lightweight.
- Because of its component-based architecture, Jaggery can be easily provisioned by plugging in additional components.
- Jaggery talks smoothly in JSON. Clients can instantly send JSON information to the server and the application is capable of understanding the data format.
- Jaggery has embedded URL pattern recognition and pattern matching libraries. Being able to handle URL patterns is a useful feature in Web application and API development.
- In-built capability to communicate with databases such as embedded H2, MySQL, Oracle etc.
- Jaggery scripts can be executed through a shell, which assists debugging.
Developing Jaggery applications
For more information on Jaggery, a quick-start guide, samples, documentation and hands-on experience of this evolving product, go to http://jaggeryjs.org.
Configuration Jaggery applications for AS
If you want to enable SaaS mode or CORS for your applications, see Configuring Applications for AS.