What is new in this Release
The WSO2 BAM version 2.5.0 is the successor of version 2.4.1. It contains the following new features and enhancements.
- Support for new input/output adapters (For information on event adapters that are supported by WSO2 BAM 2.5.0, see Event Adapters.)
- Data purging support from UI and toolbox
- New Cassandra Hector datasource implementation
- Puppet scripts-based deployment
- The toolbox search generates results for partial toolbox names
- Some toolboxes are updated to refer WSO2BAM_DATASOURCE
- Username and password are removed from the toolbox in
- Enhanced message tracer agent to capture the request URL in a REST API invoke, and transport headers
- Improved BAM receiver performance
- Ability to access the registry for every event bundle
- Default timestamp-based search support in activity monitoring dashboard (for simple searches)
- Redundant configuration being removed from
streamDefn.xmlfile and all Cassandra related configs being read from datasources
- Cassandra data deletion support for the archival feature
- Ability to work with all input adapters provided by WSO2 CEP
- Support index deletion
- Support to schedule Cassandra data deletion through toolboxes
- Add comment support to Hive script editor
- Cassandra datasource type added for BAM Configurations
- A configuration added to specify the async data publisher consistency
- By default hostName parameter is set to 0.0.0.0 in
- Ability to generate a report or identify who performed the deletion when data is purged
- Archive/purge function to validate and prevent excluded streams being achieved or purged
- Added info logs to show the execution time of each Hive script
- Resolved additional configuration changes due to the port offset in BAM
Compatible WSO2 product versions
You can make any WSO2 product compatible with WSO2 BAM after installing a data agent. Data agents allow the product to communicate with the BAM server and send statistics for analysis. The following products have the latest compatible data agents in them by default, and therefore are compatible with BAM 2.5.0 (or any other BAM version):
- APIM 1.8.0
- AS 5.2.1
- ESB 4.8.1
- ELB 2.1.1
If a particular product version you are using does not have a data agent installed, follow the steps below to install one:
- Check the WSO2 Release Matrix and identify the WSO2 Carbon version that your product is based on.
- Go to WSO2 P2 repositories and select the repository that is based on the Carbon version you selected in the previous step.
- Add the feature repository to your product.
- Then, select the data agent that you need from the features in the repository, and install it in your product. For example, in order to send mediation statistics from WSO2 ESB to BAM, you must install
Mediation Statistics Data Agentfeature.
For information on the third-party software required with BAM 2.5.0, see Installation Prerequisites.
- Removal of REST API support provided by BAM 2.4.x and prior. Instead of the REST API, you can use HTTP input event adapter with BAM 2.5.0 for the same use case.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see .
For a list of known issues in this release, see WSO2 BAM 2.5.0 - Known Issues .