Data agents are used to collect large amounts of data about services, mediators etc. from various data collection points such as ESB, application servers, and custom data publishers, and pump them to data analysis and summarization servers such as WSO2 BAM and WSO2 Complex Event Processor.
The data publishing functionality is provided by the following feature in the WSO2 feature repository:
Name : WSO2 Carbon - Data Bridge - Data Publisher Aggregate Feature
Identifier : org.wso2.carbon.databridge.datapublisher.feature.group
If the above feature is not bundled in your product by default, you can install it using the instructions given in section Feature Management.
When using data publisher API to publish data in a periodic manner to WSO2 BAM/CEP, the eviction time and eviction idle time for the connections should be higher than the periodic interval. This is required to re-use the created socket connections from the pool, avoiding closure of it and creation of new connections. The default eviction period is 5.5 seconds (5500 milliseconds). If you are publishing events in a periodic interval as more than 5.5s, you need to tune the
<secureEvictionTimePeriod> parameter accordingly, in the
<PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/conf/data-bridge/thrift-agent-config.xml file of the agent in the client side, by increasing this default value.
This section provides the following information:
- Publishing Events Using the BAM Mediator
- Setting up Mediation Stat Data Agent
- Setting up Message Tracing for WSO2 ESB
- Setting up Service Statistics Data Agent
- Setting Up JMX Agent for BAM
- Setting up Multi Receiver and Load Balancing Data Agent
- Setting up Message Tracer Filter to a Web Application
- Setting up WCF Message Publisher
- Setting up HL7 Data Agent