The output logger event adapter logs the output events emitted from the processing engine.
Configuring output logger event adapter
Configure using the management console
- Log in to the product's management console, and click Configure.
- Click Output Event Adaptors in the Event Processor Configs menu, and then click Add Output Event Adaptor.
outputLogAdaptorfor Event Adaptor Name, and select
loggerfor Event Adaptor Type as shown in the below example.
Click Add Event Adaptor.
Configure using a configuration file
Follow the steps below to configure output logger event adapter using a configuration file.
Create an XML file with the following output logger event adapter configurations. Output event adapter implementation must start with
<outputEventAdaptor>as the root element.
- Add the XML file to the
<PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/outputeventadaptors/directory. Since hot deployment is supported in the product, you can simply add/remove output event adapter configuration files to deploy/undeploy output event adapters to/from the server.
After an adapter is successfully added, it gets added to the list of adapters displayed under Event Processor Configs in the Configure menu of the product's management console. Click Edit to change its configuration and redeploy it. This opens an XML-based editor allowing you to edit the event adapter configurations from the UI. Do your modifications and click Update. You can also delete it, enable/disable statistics or enable/disable tracing on it using the provided options in the UI.
Configuring output logger event adapter message properties
loggertype can be configured as follows.
- Log into the BAM Management Console. For detailed instructions, see Running the Product.
- In the Main tab, click Event Streams to open the Available Event Streams page.
- Click the Outflows link of the event stream to which the relevant output event adapter is connected. As a result, Event Out-Flows (<Output_Event_Adapter_Name>) opens.
Click on the relevant event builder name to open the Event Formatter Details page.
The message properties of a
loggeroutput event adapter are described below. Change the property values as required.
Property Description Unique Identification Unique identification for the log, such as a topic. Output Event Type The outgoing event type to be mapped. The output logger event adapter supports text, XML, and JSON mappings.