This section demonstrates a few practical examples of the WSO2 Business Activity Monitor, their objectives and expected behavior.
The tool boxes that come with these samples use an embedded H2 database to persist summarized data. They only work with the default BAM installation. If you change the default settings (e.g., port offset values, H2 database settings), you should also change the corresponding Hive scripts.
For example, the Hive script associated with the default KPI Monitoring sample has Cassandra port set as 9160. If you change the port offset, you should manually change the Cassandra port too, by following these steps:
- After installing the tool box, log in to the management console, select List sub menu under Analytics menu. This will open the Available Scripts window.
- Set "cassandra.port" = "9161" in the phone_retail_store_script and Save.
Publisher Connection Details for Samples
The sample by default run with the publisher URL "tcp://localhost:7611", username "admin and password "admin". These values can be overridden by giving the Java system properties "url", "username" and "password" respectively. For instance, when a port offset is given in the BAM server, the URL would have to be overridden.
The following minimum requirements should be satisfied to run the samples.
- Java Development Kit/JRE version 1.6.x or later. For installation instruction, refer to Installation Prerequisites.
- Apache Ant 1.7.0 or later. For installation instruction, refer to section .
- Cygwin, if you are on Windows: BAM analytics framework depends on Apache Hadoop, which requires Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/) in order to run in Windows. If you are on Windows, install at least the basic net (OpenSSH,tcp_wrapper packages) and security related Cygwin packages. After Cygwin installation, update the PATH variable with ";C:\cygwin\bin" and restart the server.