|Define and Execute Business Processes.|
- BPMN 2.0.
- WS-BPEL 2.0, BPEL4WS 1.1
- Long running stateful processes.
- Short running stateless or stateful processes.
- In-memory process execution for short-running processes.
- Time-triggered message handling.
- Processes secured with WS-Security.
|Data Manipulation and Extensibility.|
- Powerful data manipulation via XPath 1.0/2.0, JSONPath, XSLT 1.0/2.0, XQuery 1.0 and E4X.
- Extensible via custom activities defined using Java APIs.
|Define Workflows Interacting with People.|
- Support for User Tasks within BPMN workflows
- Support for WS-Human Task 1.1, BPEL4People 1.1 and BPMN User Task.
- Integration of people for performing tasks and receiving notifications.
- Management of deadlines and escalation to other users and roles (including integration to WSO2 Identity Server for user and role management).
- Role Based Access Control for activities.
- Ability to create custom user interfaces for tasks.
- Easily customizable UI applications for WS-Human Task (Humantask-Explorer) and BPMN User Task (BPMN-Explorer) with form generation support.
|Create and Monitor Custom Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).|
- Extension activities for selectively publishing events from any process to WSO2 Data Analytics Server.
- Define KPIs to run in WSO2 Business Activity Monitor and generate custom gadgets for dashboards or reports.
|Graphical Process Modeling.|
- Powerful graphical editor via WSO2 Developer Studio.
- Drag-n-drop visual editor for developing any BPMN process model
- Drag-n-drop visual editor for any WS-BPEL process model including XPath assistant.
- WS-Human Tasks Editor
- Store, manage lifecycle and govern processes, partners and endpoints via integration with WSO2 Governance Registry.
- Create and manage process deployment artifacts.
- Import and edit BPEL processes developed using other tools such as SoftwareAG ARIS, Oracle SOA Suite, Microsoft BizTalk and IBM Process Manager.
|Process Management via Graphical Administration Console, BPMN Explorer and Human Tasks Explorer|
- Flexible deployment and management of processes including security.
- Process versioning support for both BPMN and BPEL process models.
- Flexible management of process instances including terminate, suspend, resume, retry and cleanup.
- Graphical auditing and troubleshooting of BPMN and BPEL process instances.
- Dashboard with snapshots of failed, suspended, active and long running process instances.
- Start BPMN processes, execute user tasks and search and view audit information for BPMN Process Instances
- Define assigned user substitutions for BPMN user tasks
|Integrates with Existing Environments.|
- Pluggable storage choices including MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL.
- Use any existing enterprise identity system including LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory or any JDBC database.
- Comprehensive REST API for integrating BPMN processes with any enterprise infrastructure.
- Task manager API for integrating human tasks to any enterprise infrastructure including portals and e-mail clients.
|High Availability, Scalability, and Stability.|
- Horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture.
- Distributed response caching for higher performance for services exposed by BPEL process models.
- Supports highly available deployment.
- Process dehydration for running large volumes of BPEL processes.
- Long-term execution stability via configurable persistence levels with low resource utilization
- History tables for moving the completed BPMN process instance data from higher performance.
|Lightweight, Developer-Friendly, and Easy-to-Deploy|
- Easy to debug processes with tools for message tracing and interactive testing with TryIt capabilities.
- Server customization via feature provisioning of any WSO2 middleware capability.
- Choice of deployment to on-premise servers, private cloud, without configuration changes.
- Integrated with SVN, Maven, Ant and other standard tools for development and deployment.
- Integrated to WSO2 Developer Studio, Eclipse-based IDE for all WSO2 products.
|Manage and Monitor|
- Comprehensive management and monitoring Web console with enterprise-level security.
- Built-in collection and monitoring of standard access and performance statistics.
- Built-in statistics for BPMN process models and WS-Human Tasks via BPMN Explorer and Human Tasks Explorer web applications
- JMX MBeans for key metrics monitoring and management.
- Integrates with WSO2 Data Analytics Server for operational audit and KPI monitoring and management.
- Flexible logging support with integration to enterprise logging systems.
- Centralized configuration management across different deployment environments with lifecycles and versioning via integration to WSO2 Governance Registry.