Adding a New User and Assigning Roles
Follow the instructions below to add a new user account and configure its role.
1. Log on to the product's Management Console. In the "Configure" menu, click "Users and Roles" to access "System User Store."
2. Then click on the "Users" link.
The "Users" link is only visible to users with "Admin" permission. It is used to add new user accounts and modify or delete existing accounts.
3. Click on the "Add New User" link.
4. The "Add User" window opens. The first step requires you to enter the user name and password. If you want to add a user with the default "Everyone" role, click "Finish". Else, click "Next" to define a user role other than the default.
5. If you proceed to the next step, a window will appear for you to select the roles to be assigned to the user. This can be done by selecting the appropriate check-boxes or using the "Select all"/"Unselect all" links.
6. Click "Finish" once done.
A new user account will be created with the specified roles. The user name is displayed in the "Users" list.
In addition to manually adding individual users, you can import multiple users in bulk if you have exported them to a comma-separated values (.csv) file or Microsoft Excel (.xls) file.
This is only supported if you have configured your user store as JDBCUserStoreManager. See here for information on how to do this.
- On the Users screen, click Bulk Import Users.
- Browse and select the file that contains the user data.
- Specify a default password to assign to all the users you are importing and click Finish. This password is valid for only 24 hours, so you should inform your users that they must log in and change their password within 24 hours.
Deleting an Existing User
Follow the instructions below to delete a user.
1. Log on to the product's Management Console and select "Users and Roles" under the "Configure" menu. For example,
2. Then click on the "Users" link to view the users list.
3. From the list of users, select the one you want to delete and click the "Delete" link associated with it.
4. A confirmation request message is displayed. Click "Yes".
You can't undo this operation once performed.