onwards in the service-level parameter configuration section described here.
- Operation-Level : Parameters can be configured for a particular operation of a service. For information on how to access operation-level parameter configuration windows, refer to section Operation Management.
- Service-Level : Parameters can be configured for a particular service as described below.
Follow the instructions below to manage the parameters of a service.
1. Log on to the product's management console and select "List" under "Services."
2. The "Deployed Services" screen appears. Click on the necessary service. For example,
3. The "Service Dashboard" screen appears. Click "Parameters" in the "Quality of Service Configuration" panel.
4. Parameters can be defined inside the services.xml as an immediate child element of the service element. These parameters can be accessed using the message context (at the runtime) or AxisService or AxisOperation. A parameter has two attributes:
- name - The mandatory attribute which defines the parameter name.
- locked - The optional attribute. The idea of a locked attribute is to express whether we allow the parameter value to be overridden by a child node in the hierarchy.
For example, if a parameter was added in the axis2.xml file setting the locked attribute to True, then if a service tries to add another parameter with the same name, it will give an exception.
The Service Management feature provides an easy method to generate the Service parameters. Click "Add New..." button to generate a new service parameter.
5. Enter the parameter name and click "OK" to add a parameter to the list.
6. Enter the parameter value and click on the "Update" button to save new parameters in the service group.
7. If you want to delete a parameter, click on the "Delete" button associated with it.