What is new in this release
WSO2 CEP version 3.0.0 is the successor of version 2.1.0. It underwent a significant architectural change. For information, see Architecture and User Guide. In summary, this version includes the following:
- Support for Siddhi query partitioning and event tables
- New event adapter manager components to handle broker manager related configurations
- Support for Siddhi output rate limiting, coalesce, and external time window
- Support for Siddhi stats calculation
- Support for Siddhi event tracing and tracing a message at multiple stages of an event flow
- Default timestamp and attribute type converters for Siddhi
- Support for multiple Input Event Adapters and Output Event Adapters.
- Ability read data from the databases and use it within queries using external calls
- New Event Formatter component to handle events sent out from the CEP
- New Event Builder component to handle incoming events to CEP
- Support for system, per execution plan/per deployment artifact monitoring
- Support for JMS Queue
- Ability for Siddhi to retrieve resources/properties from registry
- Ability to process XML/JSON input child elements as separate input messages
- Registry integration for Event Formatter (XML, Text and JSON mapping)
- Sample framework for CEP
- Dashboard integration using WSO2 User Engagement Server.
Also, the following features are inherited from the new and improved Carbon platform:
- Fully automated patch application process. See WSO2 Patch Application Process (Inherited from new and improved WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform).
- Capability to configure secondary user stores, in addition to the default one. See Configuring Secondary User Stores (Inherited from new and improved WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 platform).
Compatible WSO2 product versions
The following products were tested for compatibility with WSO2 CEP 3.0.0:
- BAM 2.4.0
- ESB 4.8.0 / ESB 4.7.0
- APIM 1.5.0
WSO2 CEP 3.0.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 and is expected to be compatible with any other WSO2 product that is based on Carbon 4.2.0. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with CEP 3.0.0, see Installation Prerequisites.