What is new in this release
WSO2 CEP version 4.0.0 is the successor of version 3.1.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements.
- Introduction of event receivers. An event receiver in CEP 4.0.0 provides the combined functionality of an input event adapter and an event builder in CEP 3.1.0. A range of event receiver types are supported instead of input event adapter types.
- Supports receiving events via MQTT (i.e. using MQTT receiver type).
- Introduction of event publishers. An event publisher in CEP 4.0.0 provides the combined functionality of an output event adapter and an event formatter in CEP 3.1.0. A range of event publisher types are supported instead of output event adapter types.
- Supports publishing events via MQTT (i.e. using MQTT publisher type).
- The Siddhi Query Language has been re-architectured. The changes include the following:
- Improved execution of events with threaded architecture
- Improved partitioning capabilities
- Scheduled event triggering with quartz-scheduler cron expressions
- Event table support for Oracle databases
- Introduction of new extensions
For the updated version, see the SiddhiQL Guide 3.0.
- Introduction of the Geo Dashboard. This dashboard processes data relating to spatial objects sent from external sources and produces the result in a meaningful manner.
- Introduction of the Analytics Dashboard for improved real time monitoring. This dashboard analyzes data received from event streams in real time and displays the results of the analysis in a meaningful manner.
- Introduction of the domain specific execution manager which allows execution plans to be created from templates.
- Ability to configure properties for event receivers and event publishers at a global level.
- Enhanced Data Bridge functionality with better throughput.
- Improved scalability when running CEP in a distributed setup using Apache Storm.
- Introduction of the Siddhi Try-it Tool to simulate Siddhi queries.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
The following products were tested for compatibility with WSO2 CEP 4.0.0:
- DAS 3.0.0
- ESB 4.9.0
- Machine Learner 1.0.0
- Message Broker 3.0.0
- Identity Server 5.0.0
WSO2 CEP 4.0.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.4.0, and is expected to be compatible with any other WSO2 product that is based on the same. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with CEP 4.0.0, see Installation Prerequisites
- Input event adapters are replaced by event receivers.
- Event builders are replaced by event receivers.
- Output event adapters are replaced by event publishers.
- Event formatters are replaced by event publishers.
- CEP Dashboard is replaced by the Visualizing Results in the Analytics Dashboard.
- MySQL output adapter type is replaced by the RDBMS publisher type.
This release includes several bug fixes.
For a complete list of issues fixed in this release, see CEP 4.0.0 - Fixed Issues.
For a complete list of known issues in this release, see CEP 4.0.0 - Known Issues.