You can insert all the data for a particular event stream to a CSV file including values separated by an appropriate separator (e.g. comma, slash, etc). You need to enter a new dataset for a new event, after a newline character. For example, the following CSV file includes data for four events.
Use either 'true' or 'false' as values for boolean type attributes that are defined in an event stream, when sending events via the event simulator.
Follow the steps below to send multiple events to a defined event stream using a CSV file via the event simulator.
- Log in to the product management console using the following URL: https://<PRODUCT_HOST>:<PRODUCT_PORT>/carbon/
- Click Tools, and then click Event Simulator.
- Select the Event Stream Name from the drop down list.
Browse and upload the CSV file. It will be hot deployed in the server. Refresh the page to view the uploaded file.
The maximum file size that you are allowed to upload is 100MB.
- Click Configure, to configure the CSV file to specify the field delimiter before simulating the event flow as shown below.
- Configure the CSV file by entering the field delimiter as shown below.
Click Play, to simulate the event flow.
Click the corresponding Delete button to, delete the uploaded CSV file along with its configurations. Other than that you can pause, stop and resume event publishing by using corresponding buttons as well.