Analytics dashboard application is the data visualization component of WSO2 Complex Event Processor. You can create dashboards and real time gadgets event streams. A dashboard is a container for gadgets/widgets, and its pages have a structured layout with predefined grids, to which you add the dashboard components.
Note that this dashboard is not supported with IBM JDK.
In order to receive real time events from CEP server, It is required to create a UI event publisher associated with a realtime event stream before you create a custom gadget.
Logging into the Analytics Dashboard
Follow the procedure below to log into the Analytics Dashboard.
Log into the Management Console. In the Main tab, click Analytics Dashboard. The log in screen is displayed as shown below.
Alternatively, you can use the
https://<HOST_NAME>:<PORT>/portal/dashboardsURL to access the Analytics Dashboard.
Enter your username and password, and then click Login.
You can deploy a dashboard and/or its components (e.g. layouts, gadgets, and widgets) in the Analytics Dashboard of WSO2 CEP by bundling them as artifacts of a Carbon Application (cApp). For instructions on deploying cApps in WSO2 CEP, see Carbon Application Deployment for CEP.
Adding a new dashboard
Follow the procedure below to add a new dashboard to the Analytics Dashboard.
- Log into the Analytics Dashboard if you are not already logged in. For detailed instructions, see Logging into the Analytics Dashboard. If there are any existing dashboards, they are displayed as shown in the example below.
Click CREATE DASHBOARD in the top navigator to open the CREATE A DASHBOARD page.
- Enter a name for the dashboard in the Name of your Dashboard field. Enter a description of the dashboard in the Description field.
Select a layout for the dashboard by clicking Select on the relevant layout. This layout should be selected based on how the gadgets and widgets to be added to the layout need to be displayed.
The selected layout is displayed with dashed lines as shown in the following image.
If the existing layouts do not match your requirement, you can create a custom layout.
- Click the following gadget browser icon on the side menu bar.
All the gadgets currently available in the Analytics Dashboard are displayed as shown below.
Drag and drop the relevant gadget into the preferred grid in the layout of the page as shown in the example below.
If the existing gadgets do not match your requirement, you can create a custom gadget.
- Click the following icon in the top navigator.
- Click Dashboards to view the new dashboard added to the list of all available dashboards as shown in the example below.
All the additional features of the Analytics Dashboard are covered in the following sections.