The SOAP Tracer shows the SOAP messages, the respective SOAP message requests and responses - when the services are deployed on the server, and the invoked operations. By default, this feature is turned off. You have to turn it on to enable tracing.
Turning on the Tracer feature affects the performance. This is because SOAP messages are always completely built (deferred building is not possible) and stored in the database. Hence this option should be used with caution.
Follow the instructions below to access the SOAP Tracer.
- Log into the CEP Management Console and click on the Monitor tab.
- Click on SOAP Tracer to open the SOAP Message Tracer page.
- Select Yes from the list for the Enable SOAP Tracing? parameter. The tracer will show the messages of the operations that were invoked as shown below.
- The SOAP messages are shown with their time-stamps, service name, operation invoked and the number of requests to the server. The SOAP messages are displayed in the order in which they were received, and the most recent messages appear at the top. When a particular SOAP message is selected, its request and response can be viewed in the Request and Response panels as shown in the example below.
- If you want to search for one or more messages containing a specific word, enter the relevant word in the Filter parameter and click Search.
- Click Refresh if you want to refresh the page.
- If you want to clear all the existing SOAP messages, click Clear all SOAP messages.