This sample demonstrates how to publish custom text events via logger transport. Custom events are events with custom mappings that does not adhere to the default event formats. For more information on event formats, see Event Formats. This sample does not do any processing on the outgoing event. Events are generated using an input event file and the event simulator.
Set up the prerequisites required for all samples.
Building the sample
Start the WSO2 CEP server with the sample configuration numbered 0056. For instructions, see Starting sample CEP configurations. This sample configuration does the following.
- Creates a stream with the ID
- Creates an event publisher named
- Load the events stored in the
<CEP_HOME>/samples/cep/artifacts/0056/eventsimulatorfiles/events.csvfile to the event simulator.
Executing the sample
Follow the steps below to execute the sample.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click Tools, and then click Event Simulator.
- Click Play on the corresponding event stream as shown below, to send the events in the
<CEP_HOME>/samples/cep/artifacts/0056/eventsimulatorfiles/events.csvfile to the publisher.
You view the test events that are published to the CEP server in the logs of it in the CLI as shown below.