Follow the steps below to send multiple events to a defined event stream using a datasource via the event simulator.
- Create a datasource. For instructions on creating a datasource, see Configuring an RDBMS Datasource.
- Log in to the product management console using the following URL: https://<PRODUCT_HOST>:<PRODUCT_PORT>/carbon/
- Click Tools, and then click Event Simulator.
- Select the Event Stream Name from the drop down list.
- Click switch to add configuration for simulate by database.
Enter the datasource information to be used when simulating the events, as shown below.
Column types in the table of the datasource should match with the event stream attributes. Also, use either
falseas values for boolean type attributes that are defined in an event stream, when sending events via the event simulator.
- Click Test Connection, and then click Save, to test the connection and save it. When the configuration file gets hot deployed, click Play to simulate sending events via the database as shown below.