What is new in this release
WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 contains the following new features and enhancements:
- New Distributed Caching implementation based on Hazelcast.
- New Clustering implementation based Hazelcast.
For more information, see Clustered Deployment.
- Synchronous deployment of CApp artifacts to ensure the atomicity of a CApp.
For more information, see C-App Deployment Process.
- Improved patch installation model.
For more information, see WSO2 Patch Application Process.
- Multi-profile support at the Carbon platform that enables a Carbon based product to behave in multiple modes/profiles.
For an example and more information, see Running the Product on a Preferred Profile in AS 5.2.0.
- Logically related features have been categorized in the feature repository for ease of use.
For more information, see Feature Categorization.
The products that are compatible with WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 are as follows:
- Application Server 5.2.0
- Data Services Server 3.1.0
- Identity Server 4.5.0
- API Manager 1.5.0
- Governance Registry 4.6.0
- Elastic Load Balancer 2.1.0
- Business Activity Monitor 2.4.0
- Complex Event Processor 3.0.0
- Enterprise Store 1.0.0
- Enterprise Service Bus 4.8.0
For the list of fixed issues, go to WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 - Fixed Issues.
For the list of known issues, go to WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 - Known Issues.