This sample demonstrates how to publish custom JSON events via the logger transport. Custom events are events with custom mappings that does not adhere to the default event formats. For more information on event formats, see Event Formats. This sample does not do any processing on the outgoing event. Events are generated using an input event file and the Event Simulator.
Set up the prerequisites required for all samples.
Building the sample
Start the WSO2 DAS server with the sample configuration numbered 0052. For instructions, see Starting sample CEP configurations.
This sample configuration does the following.
- Creates a stream with the ID
- Creates an event publisher named
- Loads the events stored in the
<DAS_HOME>/samples/cep/artifacts/0052/eventsimulatorfiles/events.csvfile to the Event Simulator.
Executing the sample
Follow the steps below to execute the sample.
- Log into the DAS Management Console.
- Click Tools, and then click Event Simulator.
- Click Play on the corresponding event stream as shown below to send the events in the
<DAS_HOME>/samples/cep/artifacts/0052/eventsimulatorfiles/events.csvfile to the publisher.
The JSON events that are published to the DAS server are logged in the CLI as shown below.