This sample demonstrates the use of the Cassandra data source functionality in WSO2 DSS, which you can use to connect to a Cassandra cluster.
A Cassandra server of version 1.2.x or version 2.0 should be already running in the default port. Cassandra version 2.0 is recommended, where only the native batch requests are supported in this version.
Building the sample
The sample data service CassandraSample should be deployed using the instructions in section. Go to Cassandra for details on how to create Cassandra data sources.
Running the sample
The service contains the following operations:
- "createKS": This creates the Cassandra keyspace required for the sample. This must be called once before running other operations.
- "createTable": This creates a Cassandra CQL3 table required for the sample. This must be called once after "createKS" is called.
- "addUser": This operation takes in user details and adds it to Cassandra. Here "ID" is the primary key and it takes in an UUID as the value.
- "addUser_batch_req": This is the corresponding batch request of "addUser", where it takes in a batch of "addUser" data entries and adds it as a single batch operation.
- "getUserById": This operation returns the user information when you provide the ID of a specific user.
- "getUsers": This operation returns information of all the users stored in the Cassandra store.