If a service is still under construction, users can define it as a Work in Progress (WIP) to prevent it from being listed as a faulty service. Faulty services are shown in the information bar under Deployed Services in the management console. You can define a WIP service as follows:
- When creating a data service, when you come to the Datasources page, click Save as Draft button. For example,
- The WIP data service will be deployed and displayed in the Deployed Services page.
However, it will not appear as an active service. Therefore, it will not have the TryIt and retrieve WSDLs options. However, the service will not be listed as a faulty service.
- Click on the data service's name to open its dashboard.
- In the dashboard, click Edit Data Service (XML Edit) link to open the data service's XML Editor. Note that the service's status is inactive.
- You can activate this service by clicking the Activate link in the Quality of Service Configuration panel of the dashboard. Once active, the TryIt and WSDL links will be available for the service on the Deployed Services page.
- To complete this WIP service, click Edit Data Service links under the Specific Configuration panel of the dashboard.
Every time you edit a service, you must redefine its security policies. This is because the security policies get removed when the service gets changed and re-deployed in the server.