This sample demonstrates how to use code-generated clients with data services. The service stubs are created using tool.
Building the sample
Deploy the sample data services and start the server using the steps given in Samples Setup.
Executing the sample
- Open a command prompt and go to the
- You can either run all the generic clients simultaneously or start an individual client.
To start all the generic clients (e.g. rdbms, csv, excel, gspread, batch_request), run the
antcommand as shown below:
To start a specific sample client, run the ant command with the client name. For example, to start the secure_sample client, run the following command:
Listed below are the separate ant commands for each data service client.
- rdbms - RDBMS data source based data service clients.
- csv - CSV data source based data service client.
- excel - Excel data source based data service client.
- gspread - Google Spreadsheet data source based data service client.
- batch_request - Represents a data service client, which executes a batch request in a data service.
- secure_sample - Represents a data service client where a security enabled data service is called. The data service security is enabled manually by the usage of a "services.xml" file in conjunction with the data service.
- file_service_app - Represents a standalone Java application that uses REST style invocations to transfer binary data. This also demonstrates the usage of streaming data, where a file of any size can be uploaded or downloaded using the application.