Expose Data as Web Services or REST Resources
- Supported data sources: Any RDBMS , CSV , Excel, Carbon Datasources , Cassandra , Google Spreadsheets , RDF, JNDI Datasources , Custom Datasources , Any Web page via scraping, MongoDB.
- Supported data bases: MSSQL, DB2, Oracle, OpenEdge, TerraData, MySQL, PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB, H2, Derby or any database with a JDBC driver.
- Supported transports: HTTP, HTTPS, JMS, SMTP, and others including (via WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus) FTP, FTPS, SFTP and TCP.
Agile Development Approach
- Declarative programming model for defining services and resources.
- XML based DSL with no Java code to be written.
- Combine data from multiple data sources in a single response or resource.
- Support for nested queries across data sources.
RESTful Data Access
- Create collections of REST resources for CRUD operations.
- Support for both JSON and XML media types.
- Secure resources with HTTP(S) Basic Auth integrated to enterprise identity systems (via WSO2 Identity Server).
Secured and Managed Data Access
- Authentication, authorization, confidentiality, integrity and encryption with HTTP(S) Basic Auth, WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-SecureConversation, WS-Policy, WS-PolicyAttachment and WS-SecurityPolicy.
- Fine-grained authorization with XACML (via integration to WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus).
- Flexible throttling for access frequency, source IP and more via policies.
- Convenient WS-SecurityPolicy configuration for common security patterns.
- Comprehensive user management including LDAP via integration to WSO2 Identity Server.
Transactional Data Access and Services
- Distributed transactions via JMS.
- Transactions spanning different data sources.
Data Transformation and Validation
- Transform via XSLT and XQuery.
- Built-in validators for standard data types.
- Customizable validators via Java extensions.
- Schema validation via integration with WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus.
High Performance, High Availability, Scalability and Stability
- 100% streaming for large data volumes.
- Extremely low latency for data access.
- Distributed response caching for minimizing database access.
- Supports highly available deployment.
- Horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture.
- Long term execution stability with low resource utilization.
|Lightweight, Developer-Friendly and Easy-to-Deploy|
- GUI, command-line and IDE-based tools for artifact generation, development and testing.
- Integrated to WSO2 Developer Studio, the Eclipse-based IDE.
- Tool for automatic generation of CRUD operations/resources against existing database schemas.
- Flexible mapping of query responses to custom XML data formats.
- Easy to debug services with tools for message tracing and interactive testing with TryIt capabilities.
- Automatic generation of WSDLs for services and service stubs.
- Real-life samples explained.
- User-friendly management console.
- Extremely simple security management.
- Server customization via point-and-click feature installation.
- Choice of deployment to on-premise servers, private or public cloud.
- Integrated with SVN, Maven, Ant and other standard tools.
Manage and Monitor
- Comprehensive management and monitoring through Web console with enterprise-level security.
- Built-in collection and monitoring of standard access and performance statistics.
- JMX MBeans for key metrics monitoring and management.
- Integrates with WSO2 Business Activity Monitor for operational audit and KPI monitoring and management.
- Flexible logging support with integration to enterprise logging systems.
- Centralized configuration management across different environments with lifecycles and versioning via integration to WSO2 Governance Registry