This option helps create data services automatically using a given database structure. When generating a data service, the server takes its table structure according to the structure specified in the data source and automatically creates the
Before you begin, you must first add a data source. Once the datasource is created, follow the steps below to generate a data service.
- Select the datasource created before from the drop down list.
Give the name of the database, which includes the data you need to expose and click Next.
Note that in most cases the database name should be the same name used when creating the datasource. If you want to find the database name for the datasource you selected in step 2 above, go to the Configure tab and click Datasources in the navigator. You can then get the details (including the database name) of a datasource by clicking View.
However, some datasources such as Oracle and H2 may not require the exact database name.
- The table structure of the database is displayed. From there, select the preferred table/s and click Next.
- If you selected multiple tables in the previous step, you must select a service generation mode from the two options as follows, and click Next.
- Single Service: Creates a single data service for operations of all tables.
- Multiple Services: Creates a service per table, for operations relevant only to that table.
- The generated service/s appear on the screen. Click Finish to navigate to the Deployed Services window, from where you can Manage Data Services.