The SOAP Tracer tool provided by WSO2 shows the SOAP messages, the respective SOAP message requests and responses when the services are deployed on the server, and the invoked operations. This functionality is provided by the following feature:
Name : WSO2 Carbon - SOAP Tracer Feature
Identifier : org.wso2.carbon.soaptracer.feature.group
If the above feature is not included in your product by default, you can install it using the instructions given in section Feature Management.
By default, this feature is turned off. You have to turn it on to enable tracing.
Turning on the SOAP Tracer feature may impose a significant performance overhead. This is because all the SOAP messages will always be completely built (deferred building will not be done) and stored in the database by WSO2 Data Services. Hence this option should be used with caution.
Follow the instructions below to access the SOAP Tracer.
1. Log on to the product's management console and select "Monitor -> SOAP Tracer."
2. In the drop-down menu, select "Yes."
3. The tracer will show the messages of the operations that were invoked. For example,
By using the SOAP Tracer, you can see the SOAP messages with their time-stamps, service name, operation invoked and the number of requests to the server. The most recent SOAP messages are listed at the top. When a particular SOAP message is selected, its "Request" and "Response" can be viewed.
This tracer does not apply to operations invoked in the admin services. They are filtered out.
4. Use the "Search" function to find a message. Fill in the field with a word (or a part of word) in a message and click on the"Search button.
5. You will see the message in the "Messages" list and its full description will be shown in the "Request" or "Response" text area. For example,