WSO2 Data Services Server has the key features listed below. For the relevant versions of the applications used as features, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
Expose Data as Web Services or REST Resources
- Supported data sources: Any RDBMS , CSV , Excel, Carbon Datasources , Cassandra , Google Spreadsheets , RDF, JNDI Datasources , Custom Datasources , Any Web page via scraping, MongoDB.
- Supported data bases: MSSQL, DB2, Oracle, OpenEdge, Teradata, MySQL, PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB, H2, Derby or any database with a JDBC driver.
- Supported transports: HTTP, HTTPS, JMS, SMTP, and others including (via WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus) FTP, FTPS, SFTP and TCP.
|Expose Data as OData Services|
- From DSS 3.5.0 onwards, OData protocol version 4 (OASIS standards) is supported.
- Available for RDBMS datasources and Cassandra datasources.
Agile Development Approach
- Declarative programming model for defining services and resources.
- XML based DSL with no Java code to be written.
- Combine data from multiple data sources in a single response or resource.
- Support for nested queries across data sources.
RESTful Data Access
- Create collections of REST resources for CRUD operations.
- Support for both JSON and XML media types.
- Secure resources with HTTP(S) Basic Auth integrated to enterprise identity systems (via WSO2 Identity Server).
Secured and Managed Data Access
- Authentication, authorization, confidentiality, integrity and encryption with HTTP(S) Basic Auth, WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-SecureConversation, WS-Policy, WS-PolicyAttachment and WS-SecurityPolicy.
- Fine-grained authorization with XACML (via integration to WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus).
- Convenient WS-SecurityPolicy configuration for common security patterns.
- Comprehensive user management including LDAP via integration to WSO2 Identity Server.
Transactional Data Access and Services
- Distributed transactions via JMS.
- Transactions spanning different data sources.
Data Transformation and Validation
- Transform via XSLT and XQuery.
- Built-in validators for standard data types.
- Customizable validators via Java extensions.
- Schema validation via integration with WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus.
High Performance, High Availability, Scalability and Stability
- 100% streaming for large data volumes.
- Extremely low latency for data access.
- Distributed response caching for minimizing database access.
- Supports highly available deployment.
- Horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture.
- Long term execution stability with low resource utilization.
|Lightweight, Developer-Friendly and Easy-to-Deploy|
- GUI, command-line and IDE-based tools for artifact generation, development and testing.
- Integrated to WSO2 Developer Studio, the Eclipse-based IDE.
- Tool for automatic generation of CRUD operations/resources against existing database schemas.
- Flexible mapping of query responses to custom XML data formats.
- Easy to debug services with tools for message tracing and interactive testing with TryIt capabilities.
- Automatic generation of WSDLs for services and service stubs.
- Real-life samples explained.
- User-friendly management console.
- Extremely simple security management.
- Server customization via point-and-click feature installation.
- Choice of deployment to on-premise servers, private or public cloud.
- Integrated with SVN, Maven, Ant and other standard tools.
Manage and Monitor
- Comprehensive management and monitoring through Web console with enterprise-level security.
- Built-in collection and monitoring of standard access and performance statistics.
- JMX MBeans for key metrics monitoring and management.
- Integrates with WSO2 Business Activity Monitor for operational audit and KPI monitoring and management.
- Flexible logging support with integration to enterprise logging systems.
- Centralized configuration management across different environments with lifecycles and versioning via integration to WSO2 Governance Registry