WSO2 Enterprise Integrator version 6.1.0 (WSO2 EI) is a powerful integration solution that brings together the functionalities encapsulated in the following WSO2 products:
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- WSO2 Data Services Server (DSS)
- WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS)
- WSO2 Message Broker (MB)
The features of the above products are encapsulated in WSO2 EI as several runtimes:
- Integration runtime: Consists of WSO2 ESB and WSO2 DSS.
- Business Process runtime: Consists of WSO2 BPS for handling long-running business processes.
- Message Broker runtime: Consists of WSO2 MB for brokering and reliable messaging.
- MSF4J runtime: Provides the capability of creating microservices in Java, to facilitate your integration use cases.
- Analytics runtime: Provides the capability of monitoring statistics of integration flows (processed in the Integration runtime) as well as business process (processed in the Business Process runtime).
For more information, see Introducing the Enterprise Integrator.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
WSO2 EI 6.1.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.4.16 and is expected to be compatible with any of the WSO2 products that are based on any Carbon 4.4.x version. If you get any compatibility issues, contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with EI 6.1.0, see Installation Prerequisites. For more information on the product releases (i.e., released date etc.) done in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
For a complete list of known issues in this release, see WSO2 EI - Open Issues.
From WSO2 EI 6.1.0 onwards, it does not ship the functionalities of WSO2 Application Server (AS). However, you can develop applications using MSF4J, JAX-RS or JAX-WS technologies and deploy in WSO2 EI. If you already have applications in WAR or AAR formats, use WSO2 AS 5.3.0 or Tomcat as the server to deploy web apps. Nevertheless, WSO2 still provides complete development and production support for WSO2 AS.