A sequence template is a parametrized sequence defined in WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI). Parameters of a template are defined in the form of XPath statements. Callers can invoke such a template by populating parameters with static values/XPath expressions.
Follow the instruction below to add a new sequence template.
1. Sign In. Enter your user name and password to log on to the WSO2 EI Management Console.
2. Select the "Main" tab to access the "Manage" menu.
3. Click the "Templates" link to access the "Templates" page.
4. On the "Templates" page, click the "Add Sequence Template" link.
5. The "Design Template" page appears. Enter the template name.
6. Click "Add Child," and select the required nodes for your sequence template.
For the detailed information on how to add mediators see Adding a Mediation Sequence.
7. Click the "Save Template" or the "Save Template As" button to add the template.
The "Save Template As" button allows to save the template in Governance Registry or Configuration Registry. Choose the necessary one and click "Save."
Adding On Error Sequence
WSO2 EI executes the specified error handler sequence closest to the point, where the error was encountered.
Follow the instructions below to add an "On error sequence."
1. Click on the "Governance Registry" or the "Configuration Registry" link to select a previously created sequence to be used on error.
2. In the displayed Registry window, select a sequence and click on the "OK" button.
3. Click "Save Template," "Save Template As" or "Apply" to add "On Error Sequence."
Adding Parameters to a Sequence Template
1. In case, you want to add parameters to sequence templates, click on the "Add Parameter" link.
2. Then a page appear with a parameter table. Specify the parameter name.
Such parameter names can be accessed within different child nodes using XPath. The example below shows, how to use this in the Send Mediator with XPath.
Viewing the XML of a Sequence Template
1. Click "switch to source view" to view the XML of the particular sequence template.
2. In the appeared window, you can see the XML of the sequence template.
If you are familiar with the synapse configuration language, you can edit the XML directly and save the config using this view.