This sample explains on how to define a deadline with a human task. In this sample, the ClaimApprovalTask sample has been modified and defined with the deadline duration of 1 minute for the tasks with a claimed amount less than 10,000. In the event that the particular Claim Approval Task is overdue, the potential owners are sent a notification.
The following configuration snippet has been added to the ApproveClaim task.
- Try the ClaimApprovalTask sample to get a better understanding on human tasks and how they work.
- Download and install WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (EI). For instructions, see Installation Guide.
Setting up the sample
- Set up the sample as mentioned in the ClaimApprovalTask sample topic.
- Create the roles (regionalClerksRole and regionalManagerRole) as mentioned in the ClaimApprovalTask sample topic.
- Create users for the respective roles and assign those users to the roles as mentioned in the ClaimApprovalTask sample topic.
Deploy the sample
If you already deployed a human task sample, delete the relevant ZIP file from the
<EI_HOME>/samples/business-process/humantasks directory to undeploy it before deploying another sample.
ClaimsApprovalProcess.zipBPEL package has to be deployed as mentioned in the ClaimApprovalTask sample page. This BPEL package can be found in the
ClaimsApprovalTaskWithDeadline.zipHumanTask package has to be deployed as mentioned in the ClaimApprovalTask sample page. This HumanTask package can be found in the